Saturday 27 August 2011

Mushroom Curry


Mushrooms are highly nutritious food. The other day I had some Button Mushroom at home. As I was wondering what to do with them, I remembered a very tasty dish, that once I watched my mom prepare. I gave it a try. It did come out well. So here is what I did. You can try with other edible mushrooms also.



What We Need


  • Mushroom - 2 Cups
  • Big Onions -  2 Cups - Chopped
  • Green Chillies - 2 Numbers
  • Ginger-Garlic Paste - 2 Table Spoon
  • Tomato Paste - 1 Cup
  • Turmeric Powder - 1/2 Tea Spoon
  • Chilli Powder - 2 Tea Spoon
  • Coriander Powder - 2 Tea Spoon
  • Gharam Masala Powder - 1/2 Tea Spoon
  • Curry Leaves - 1/4 Cup
  • Coriander Leaves - 1/4 Cup
  • Salt - To Taste
  • Oil - 5 Table Spoon


Method
  1. Heat oil in a pan, add curry leaves, chopped onions, green chillies and saute well.

  2. To this add ginger-garlic paste and saute it.

  3. Add tomato paste or chopped tomatoes, saute well.

  4. Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, gharam masala powder, salt and saute it.

  5. To this add mushroom pieces and half cup of water mix well and cover the lid.

  6. When it starts boiling add chopped coriander leaves and cook for 5 to 10 minutes.

  7. Cook it in the low flame.

  8. Mushroom Curry is ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment